Hey Friends!!
Thanks for stopping by.
This page was set up to provide information on my graduate school journey and how you can be involved.
My grad school journey started right after I graduate from Baylor in 2011. I had just gone to Kenya and while I was there I realized how much I didn't know. What causes poverty? How can I really help people in a practical way? What do people need?
That summer I sent in my application for the social work program at Baylor. From the beginning I had the sense that I was supposed to walk this journey debt free. The first time I applied I didn't get any financial assistance so I deferred for a year. I started to think I wasn't going to be able to do the program. A year later, I had to decide if I was going to pursue it. I prayed about it and really sensed from God that I should commit to the process and believe for every penny to come in. So far, He has been faithful to do that.
At this point, I believe that God is calling me to raise up a team of supporters. I'm not just looking for money, although that is helpful. I believe the emphasis here is on community.
Some people might not understand the journey I'm on to raise support for Grad School.
"Why wouldn't you just take a loan out like everyone else?"
"Is it right for you to ask people for money to help pay for school?"
What it comes down to for me is simply obedience. I'm doing it because I believe I am being obedient to what God has asked me to do. It's not what everyone might be called to, but it's the road I am choosing to walk.
I hope you will take some time to consider this- watch the video below, check out the pages, etc.
Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment